Bún Bò Huế or Bún bò is a popular Vietnamese soup containing rice vermicelli (bún) and beef (bò). Huế citadel is located in the central of Vietnam accompanied by the former royal court cooking style. Its balance of spicy, salty, sweet flavors is greatly admired and one time eating forever remember. Let’s see how to cook this Vietnamese Rice vericelli with beef at Hue Street Food Tour.
Bún bò originated in Hue – the old imperial capital of Vietnam. Almost people called it “bún bò Huế “ to denote its origin. By simmering beef bones with lemongrass and add on shrimp paste, sweet and red pigment during cooking process, you will have a delicious and eye-catching broth
A bowl of Bún Bò must have some thin slices of boiled beef, chunks of oxtail, a piece of pig pork leg and a piece of pig blood.
Bún bò is commonly served with lime wedges, cilantro sprigs, thinly sliced banana flower, basil, mint, bean sprouts and chili sauce.
How to cook Bun Bo Hue?
1. First you choose the fresh pig pork leg, chop into the circle, drop into the boiling water pot boiled over to secrete nail pork all dirt, then pour all and wash off in order to be ensuring food safety. Pour water into soup and boil again, add on a hand of salt to make the broth sweeter
2. To cook delicious Bún Bò Huế, indispensable pieces encrusted with soft-boiled beef, fragrant. So the secret to delicious boiled beef encrusted you should boil with the ginger. It is best to boil encrusted beef cooked to medium, wait until it is cool and then cut into thin slice.
3. Now, you give cubes of congealed pig blood to boiling, and then cut into square or rectangular pieces evenly.
4. Grilled crab shaped into small balls, drop into boiling water pot. As spring emerges crab rolls is cooked. Picked crab rolls to separate. If not buy crab rolls, you can use beef or pork meat balls instead of.
5. The next step of how to cook delicious Hue beef noodle broth:
+ 2 tablespoons minced lemongrass, the remaining part lemongrass beaten and put the pot.
+ Shrimp paste ( it is essential to this dish and cannot be considered Bún Bò Huế without it ) : take shrimp paste out and pour in cold water slowly then stirring the paste, wait for 1 hour to allow the mixture to settle then take the clear liquid , please do again and again this step 3 or 4 times .
+ And onion divided into 2 parts: 1 part sliced and other chopped into 3.
Now, you wash cow bones, boil to remove impurities, and place in stewed, sometimes skim off the foam to make water clear. Please boil beef bones for about 2 hours with additional onion and lemongrass.
To make broth of Bun Bo Hue be fragrant and attractive, hit some oil in a pan and add the red pigment . Cook until the pigment is blended with the oil. Then you pour this red pigment and minced lemongrass into the broth pot to make attractive.
6. Finally, all the ingredients for Bún Bò Huế bowl is prepared already . Handshake to display the delicious beef noodle bowl
Using white ceramic bowls for this dish. Being enjoying the delicious taste of Bun Bo in white bowl will make you feel much more palatable.
In a large soup bowl, place a handful of noodles that are added into boiling water to heat them up, top with a handful of the parsley/cilantro/onion mixture, and pour the broth , ensuring there are several pieces of beef and pork…
Hue beef noodle soup is a famous specialty of Hue ancient lands . Most who came to Hue once, how busy you are, please no forget to visit and enjoy a bowl of Bun Bo Hue in a local restaurant which cooked by local people . I am sure that wherever you go, you try lots of delicious foods all over the world but you will remember forever Bún Bò Huế bowl because of flavor of unforgettable impression broth .
Vietnamese palm bring a mixture of lemongrass, Thai basil and mint. Its leaves are short with spine edge.
Unlike drill, lemongrass used for cooking, Vietnamese palm is usually used in salads such as banana flower salad or eaten as a type of fresh vegetable with Bun dau, Bun cha, etc.
If Vietnamese’s dishes are lack of these types of herb, they will be less tasty and attractive. Therefore, using herbs in Vietnamese’s meals is common and necessary.
Besides enhancing flavor for dishes, herbs are also known as one of important folk medicines to treat diseases.
Vietnamese palm brings a mixture of lemongrass, Thai basil and mint
There are several Vietnamese spices and herbs to know for a local food lover. Follow other articles on our website to get useful tips on How to cook Vietnamese food!